Kids Keep Up In Education
In keeping with Children's philosophy of treatment of the whole child, we recognize that stimulation of the mind and healing of the body go hand-in-hand. The goal of our program is to help those patients who miss a significant amount of school stay academically involved.
The following procedures are followed when setting up Educational Support Services:
- Referrals of patients who may miss three or more weeks of school are made by a physician, Child Life Services, a parent, or the school district.
- The student's parent and school district may be contacted to collect necessary information.
- The hospital resource teacher will be in contact with the child's parents to schedule a daily tutoring time, of one hour, while they are at the clinic or hospital.
- Identified home school personnel will be contacted to discuss curriculum that will need to be covered during the child's absence from school.
- At the end of the tutoring sessions, a written report will be sent to the child's teacher outlining the curriculum that was covered.
As we look ahead to the future, we will continue to position ourselves to effectively meet the educational needs of our students at Children's.