Special Guests and Visitors
Guests and visitors from the community can often be the highlight of a child's hospital stay or clinic visit. In order to make this a positive experience for our patients and families, and for our guests, we have set some necessary guidelines. Highlights of these guidelines are:
- All visitors need to be 16 years or older to make a visit.
- The group should consist of 10 people or less.
- Groups or individuals considering a visit to Children's Hospital will need to complete a "guest form" prior to the visit.
- The visit will consist of approximately one hour.
- Guests and visitors may request specific areas for their visit: inpatient, clinics or C.A.R.E.S. unit (Children's Ambulatory Recovery and Express Services).
- Arrangements must be made at least two weeks in advance of the visit.
- Exceptions to our guidelines can be made, yet our final decision will be based on maintaining the privacy and well-being of our patients, maintaining a healing environment, and ensuring the visit is for the benefit of the children and not for the visitor's/guest's personal gain.
If you are considering a visit to Children's Hospital, please contact our Guest and Visitor Coordinator at (402) 955-5325 to discuss our complete criteria and to request a "Guest Form."
* Photo: A visit from the North Carolina baseball team during the College World Series.