Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Clinic
Allergies and asthma are among the most common health problems in children.
- Allergies are more common in children; however, a first-time occurrence can happen at any age, or recur after many years of remission.
- Allergies tend to occur in families.
- Food allergies are seen in 8 percent of children under age 6.
- At least 6.3 million children under the age of 18 have been diagnosed with asthma.
- Asthma is the third ranking cause of childhood hospitalizations under the age of 15.
The clinics at Children's Hospital & Medical Center offer comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services for children with allergies and related diseases like asthma, as well as those with respiratory infections and those who are highly sensitive to infectious organisms. Before recommending treatment, the staff provides a comprehensive evaluation of each child's condition during the first visit.
Education is an essential part of your child's treatment, and you are an integral part of the care team. That's why we provide extensive education about the various respiratory conditions that affect patients' lives.