Children’s Hospital & Medical Center Specialty Care Transport brings a team of neonatal and pediatric experts to any child in need of safe, efficient, and timely transition between medical facilities while improving outcomes. Our Transport team includes:
• A dedicated team of specially trained registered nurses and paramedics make up the crew for each neonatal/pediatric transport team. In addition, specialty crew members, including transport trained neonatal nurse practitioners, frequently accompany the team to care for our tiniest of patients.
• Teams provide advanced therapies on transport such as high-frequency ventilation, inhaled nitric oxide, and surfactant administration.
• Nurses and paramedics perform advanced skills such as intubation, laryngeal mask airway, CPAP, needle thorancentesis (chest decompression), umbilical line placement and intraosseous placement.
• Nurses and paramedics are specially trained in Children’s Hospital & Medical Center pediatric and neonatal critical care units and emergency department. They have also received pediatric and neonatal specific training in disease and injury pathophysiology and advanced life saving skills.
• A 24-hour communication center is ready to dispatch every mode of transport within minutes of the transport request and assist with patient admissions, referrals, and physician-to-physician consults.