Family & Friends® CPR - Adult, Infant and Child
Children's Hospital & Medical Center, the leader in children's health care, offers the American Heart Association's Family & Friends® CPR program.
• Class size is limited
• The 2 ½ hour session is presented at Children's Hospital & Medical Center
• CPR practice is conducted on adult, child and infant manikins
• Great for parents, grandparents, babysitters and anyone interested in learning basic CPR skills
• This course is for people who want to learn CPR but do not need a CPR course completion card for a job requirement
• This class does not meet the requirements for a daycare or foster care provider license
• Cost is $20 per student or $35 per couple
Classes are typically held the first Tuesday of every other month from 6 - 8:30 p.m. and the third Saturday of every other month from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at Children’s Fitness Center, 7815 Farnam Drive, Omaha, Nebraska.
Class Dates Available:
|Tuesday Evening 6 – 8:30 p.m.
||Saturday Morning 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
□ May 2, 2017
□ July 11, 2017
|□ September 5, 2017
□ November 7, 2017
|□ April 15, 2017
□ June 17, 2017
□ August 19, 2017
|□ October 21, 2017
□ December 16, 2017
Please note: This class does not meet the requirements for a daycare or foster care provider license.
Questions? Call Annie Kline, AHA Training Center Coordinator, 402-955-6058
Pediatric CPR is a Specialty
Pediatric CPR was developed because a child's body is not the same as an adult's. In fact, adult CPR could cause additional injury to a child.
You will learn how hand positions on a tiny infant differ from those used on the toddler and school age child. Further, since children in different stages of growth have different heart rates, you will learn to match your CPR compression rate with the injured child's heartbeat.
Click here to download a registration form.