Kids Camp is a supervised play area for siblings of patients visiting Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Children’s Specialty Pediatric Clinics. Patients are also welcome to utilize this play area. Requirements include:
• Children must be healthy (no cough, runny nose, or flu/cold symptoms) in order to visit Kids Camp.
• Due to the health and safety of all patients, children that have been exposed to MRSA, Chickenpox, Measles, Mumps, or Rubella in the last 30 days or Bed Bugs/Head Lice in the last 14 days are NOT able to visit Kids Camp.
• Children must be potty trained in order to stay without a caregiver. If a child is not potty trained (in diapers or pull ups) a caregiver 16 years of age or older must remain with the child at all times.
• Children must be fully clothed, including shoes, to play in Kids Camp area.
• No food or drink allowed in the Kids Camp area.
• Visitors from the inpatient units will have a two hour time limit. Visitors cannot attend if the patient is in isolation.
• If a child is showing signs of any illness listed above, has a bathroom accident or is having behavioral issues (hitting, biting, not sharing, etc.) caregivers will be paged to return to Kids Camp to pick up their child.
• If caregiver is paged by Kids Camp staff they must respond. If unable to leave appointment, please call 402-955-6440 or 6440 from a hospital phone to speak with the Kids Camp staff.
• To ensure the safety of the children visiting Kids Camp, please check in with the staff member at the desk. Each child will receive a green bracelet on their wrist and the caregiver checking in the child(ren) will receive a perforated slip of paper that matches the bracelet. When picking up the child, the caregiver will need to bring the perforated slip that matches the bracelet in order to pick up their child.
Kids Camp Hours:
• Monday – Thursday: 8:30am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-5:00pm
• Friday: 8:30am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm
• Kids Camp is CLOSED over the noon hour for cleaning and staff breaks.