Patient/Family Advisory Council
Children’s Hospital & Medical Center strives to provide a remarkable experience for every patient and family. We know this means establishing a relationship built on trust, courtesy and respect, and from the earliest stage of treatment, partnering with our patients and families.
Since 2008, Children’s has invited parents to join an active Family Advisory Council. This group helps to support and guide our efforts to deliver the highest standard of family-centered care throughout our organization.
The Family Advisory Council:
- Provides a vital link between Children’s and the community.
- Provides supportive channels of communication between families and hospital staff.
- Provides input and feedback on delivery of services for children and their families.
- Provides input regarding program development.
- Assists in planning for new facilities and services.
Nominations for the Family Advisory Council are accepted through an online submission process.
Children’s also values the feedback of the young people we serve. Providing teenage patients with a voice in their care and environment is the goal behind the 2015 creation of a Teen Advisory Council.