The Fruitful Toolkit has been updated to include promoting vaccines for children ages 6 months and older.
Across the country, the COVID-19 pandemic has had devastating effects, and the best way to keep schools and communities safe from the virus is to increase vaccination rates.
To make it easier for schools to send messages related to the COVID-19 vaccine to children and adolescents, staff and families, Children’s has developed the Fruitful campaign, in partnership with Nebraska Department of Education’s Healthy Schools Program. With the help of Children’s medical experts, the campaign messages are fact-based and accurate.
The Fruitful COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit is free and we encourage schools to use the resources below to send positive and factual messages to students and families about the benefits of getting the COVID-19 vaccine. The sooner we increase our vaccination rates, the sooner we get back to the version of life that we all miss.
Let’s make it a fruitful school year!
The campaign includes three fun posters in two different sizes. Download and print the size that works best and then hang them where students will see them–the school health office, classrooms, gym, main office and lunch rooms.
Teen Fruitful Posters
Teen Orange Posters
Teen Apple Posters
Teen Banana Posters
Vaccine FAQ Sheet
Do you have families asking questions about the vaccine? Share this sheet with some of the most frequently asked questions about vaccines.
Feel free to use these emails to reach families. Simply cut and paste the text into a new email.
Social media is a great way to reach children and teens. You can copy and share one of the sample posts in your favorite social channel each week.
Social Media Images
Download these images to use with social media posts:
- Post 1
- Post 2
- Post 3
- Post 4
- Post 5
- Post 6
- Post 7
- Fruit Images
Follow Children’s social media accounts and share our posts for even more info:
Teen Social Media Posts
Teen Orange Social Media Posts 1-4
Teen Apple Social Media Posts 1-4
Teen Banana Social Media Posts 1-5
If you need a longer piece for a school/parent newsletter or a school blog, choose one of the articles below. Make sure you include the links!
- COVID-19 and kids: How mRNA vaccines work
- COVID-19 Vaccine Update for Kids 5 and Older (Dr. Neemann’s video)
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens | CDC
- Three Magic Words: Free, Available, and Easy
- Your Teen Has Been Vaccinated, Now What?
- Let’s Talk: How to talk to teens, family, and friends about the COVID 19 vaccine
We’ve included robo-call templates you can use to send phone messages to families and three additional templates geared specifically toward students that can be used during daily announcements.
- Robo-calls for families: use weekly
- Robo-calls for students: use during morning announcements!
Teen Robo-Call Templates
Teen Orange Robo-Call Template
Teen Apple Robo-Call Template
Teen Banana Robo-Call Template
We have designed stickers that schools can order as part of the campaign:
Save the image(s) to your computer, visit the Sticker Mule website, upload the image, and order!
- Letter to School Community (PDF)
- Fact Sheet
- YES! Video (YouTube)
- Need help finding a vaccine? Call 1-800-232-0233 or visit www.vaccines.gov.
- #MyWhy Campaign: Frontline Worker Stories: Why I got the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Finish Strong: COVID 19 Vaccine Information from DHHS
- COVID-19 Back-to-School Playbook
- Returning to School Safely
- CDC Toolkit for Responding to COVID-19 Cases
- COVID-19 Close Contact Decision Tree for the Indoor Classroom
Please feel free to reach out to Kim McClintick, Children’s School Health Coordinator, at [email protected].
Thank you for all you are doing to keep your students and their families safe!