When nominating a parent or guardian for the Children’s Family Advisory Board or a Family Advisory Council, please provide detailed answers to the questions on this nomination form. This information will be used to select council members. In order to recruit a council that represents families of different backgrounds and medical specialties, we are not able to accept every nominee.
Please consider the following attributes when making your nomination. Family advisors should:
- Share insights and information about their experiences in an educational way.
- See beyond their personal experiences
- Respect the perspectives of others
- Have a positive outlook on life and a sense of humor
- Feel comfortable speaking in a small group setting
- Be willing to share their child’s medical experiences on behalf of Children’s
Self-nominations are welcomed. Nominees can also live outside of the greater Omaha area. Meetings are either fully virtual or offer both virtual and in-person attendance (subject to COVID-19 or other seasonal precautions).