The Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) is an 18-hour course that has been developed and designed by the Emergency Nurses Association. It provides core-level nursing education based on emergency nursing practices in the United States.
TNCC is open to registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, physician assistants, and paramedics. However, only RNs may participate in the testing portion of the course and receive verification.
In TNCC, you will learn how to:
- Rapidly identify life-threatening injuries
- Conduct a comprehensive patient assessment
- Develop and implement enhanced intervention strategies for improved patient outcomes
The goals of TNCC are to improve patient care in the emergency setting by increasing emergency nurse skills and confidence.
The course includes:
- Two-day intensive course taught by expert instructors. The faculty to student ratio is approximately 1 faculty per 4 participants.
- Hands-on training using both a team and individual approach. There are three psychomotor skill stations — airway and ventilation, trauma interventions, and trauma nursing process — which provide you with the opportunity to practice initial assessments in real life situations, while in a risk-free setting.
- Five online learning modules, including links to additional information. These allow you to go at your own pace, apply what you’ve learned, receive immediate feedback, and access the information at any time in the future.
- TNCC Trauma Nursing Core Course Provider Manual, which provides you with evidence-based content about current trauma nursing standards, developed by trauma emergency experts.
The TNCC Course Director is Kylie Scallon, BAN, RN, CPN, CPEN, TCRN.
Completion & Certification
If you are a RN, you can qualify for a provider verification card by earning 80% or higher on the multiple-choice exam, and 70% or higher on skill station evaluation.
Other healthcare professionals may attend the course and receive continuing education credit (14.5 credit hours).
Trauma Nursing Core Course is held at the Children’s Fitness Center Building:
7815 Farnam Drive
Omaha, Nebraska 68114
- If you are going west on Dodge Street (coming from 72nd Street), turn left onto N 78th St/Beverly Drive. Then turn left onto Farman Drive. The Fitness Center Building is on right.
- If you are going east on Dodge Street, turn right onto N 78th Street/Beverly Drive. Then turn left onto Farnam Drive. The Children’s Fitness Center Building will be on your right.
Free parking is available in the Fitness Center Parking lot.
Children’s employees: Free
Payment can be made by debit card or credit card only.
If you cancel more than 30 days before the course, you will receive a full refund. No refunds will be given within 30 days prior to the course.
Course Dates & Registration
2022 Course Dates
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Visit our Continuing Education page to register for TNCC.
Select Continuing Education; Then select “Live Online Activities” to view available courses.
For more information about TNCC, contact Kylie Scallon at 402-955-3600 or email@example.com