At Children’s Hospital & Medical Center, we know that the cost of a child’s care can be a source of stress for parents and caregivers. Our goal is to alleviate that worry — and allow you to focus your energy on being there for your child — by providing as much up-front information about care costs as possible.
The cost of care varies based on insurance coverage, financial assistance, and other factors. Children’s works with insurance, Medicaid/Medicare, and patient families to lower the out-of-pocket cost for parents and caregivers.
In accordance with federal regulations, Children’s Hospital & Medical Center provides the following charge information:
- A list of all hospital standard charges with their description and standard charge amount.
- A list of the average charge for inpatient care based on the All Patient Refined Diagnosis Related Group (APR-DRG). Averages are shown by APR-DRG and Severity of Illness (SOI).
Please note these are historical charge averages and do not reflect what you will pay for services. Children’s actively supports price transparency and will assist our patients and their families’ request for standard charges for a planned or scheduled procedure.
Please note the following:
- The amounts shown by the list of hospital standard charges and APR-DRG average per case reflect the charge amount as of the date the list was published. Charge amounts are periodically updated based upon actual cost and process changes. Children’s will update the hospital charge list each quarter to reflect these updates. Charge amounts shown by the charge list are only valid for 60 days.
- It should be noted that sole reliance on the standard charge list itself may not accurately reflect all charges billed during a planned procedure or visit. These lists do not include charges for professional services. In order to receive a more accurate forecast of total hospital and professional charges, we encourage all users to request a price estimate.
- Children’s Hospital & Medical Center estimates may include professional charges if the medical provider involved is affiliated with Children’s Hospital & Medical Center, Children’s Specialty Physicians, or Children’s Physicians. If the services include professional charges from a medical provider that is not affiliated with Children’s, there will be an additional cost from the medical provider that will be billed by their private offices.
Request A Price Estimate
Costs For Common Tests, Services & Procedures
The prices listed here are the amounts billed for a specific test, service, or procedure and do not include professional/physician fees. Standard charges may be billed to your child’s insurance, Medicaid/Medicare, or directly to you if your child does not have any insurance coverage.
A full list of hospital standard charges is available for download.
Children’s supports price transparency. Our Customer Service team and Patient Advocates are trained and ready to assist you with requests for information on charges, billing questions, payment options, and financial assistance.
Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. excluding holidays.