Children’s Hospital & Medical Center has more than 353,000 visits for primary and specialty clinic services. Many of them come to our Specialty Pediatric Center — the largest center of its kind in the region with over 50 pediatric specialty clinics.
No matter the purpose of your child’s visit — from testing and treatment to follow-up care — Children’s Specialty Pediatric Center is ready to serve our patients and their families.
Appointments at the Center are considered outpatient or ambulatory visits. This means they do not require being admitted for an inpatient stay at the hospital.
Preparing Your Child For An Outpatient Visit
For some children, anticipating a trip to the hospital causes a little anxiety. You can help your child prepare for an outpatient visit by:
- Telling them about their appointment beforehand. Using a calm tone, tell them at a quiet time, in a quiet place.
- Letting them ask questions. Our child life specialists can help you answer questions you are unsure about.
- Bringing a favorite comfort item to the appointment, such as a stuffed animal or music playlist.
- Setting up a time to visit before the appointment. Sometimes the best way to know what to expect is to see it firsthand. Contact Guest Relations for more information: 402-955-4041.
Getting Around The Specialty Pediatric Center
- Access Center (Registration)
- Audiology-Hearing Aid Service
- Cardiac Diagnostics
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Ear Nose Throat (ENT)
- Information Desk
- Kids’ Camp
- Rehab (Speech, Occupational & Physical Therapy)
- Sleep Lab
- Vending Machines
- Allergy/Asthma/Immunology Aerodigestive
- Children’s Developmental Clinic (CDC)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Developmental Pediatrics Food Hypersensitivity
- Foster Care Clinic
- Hand in Hand/Palliative Care
- Helmet Clinic
- Metabolic Bone/Ol
- NICU Follow-Up
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonary Lab
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
- Infusion Center
- Ophthalmology Clinic
- Optical Shop
- Child Advocacy
- Helmet Lab
- HEROES Weight Management
- Infectious Disease
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Download Children’s Hospital & Medical Center Campus Map (English)
Download Children’s Hospital & Medical Center Campus Map (Spanish)
Download Children’s Hospital & Medical Center Directory (English)
Download Children’s Hospital & Medical Center Directory (Spanish)
What The Specialty Pediatric Center Offers
In addition to housing clinics for more than 50 specialties, the Specialty Pediatric Center at Children’s also features:
- A laboratory equipped to provide pathology, which is vital for diagnosing and treating pediatric health conditions
- An outpatient Infusion Center with comfy recliners and age-appropriate toys, games, Child Life Specialists, and volunteers who can keep your child company
- A child safety seat fitting station (in parking garage)
- An electronic medical record system that provides real-time access to your child’s medical information and makes collaboration across pediatric specialties easier
- Kids’ Camp supervised play and activity area for siblings
The hospital located next to the Specialty Pediatric Center also has a cafeteria, gift shop, and other amenities for you to use while at Children’s.