SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY
Children’s Physicians, UNMC continues to adhere to strict quality, safety and infection prevention protocols to ensure your family’s safety.
Children’s Physicians will continue to screen individuals before entering our offices. For well-visits, children with cough, shortness of breath, fever (over 100.0 degrees F), sore throat or loss of smell/taste will not be able to continue with the appointment. Please call your office ahead of time for guidance and to reschedule. For scheduled sick visits, we will provide additional directions when you check in.
In addition, Children’s Physicians now requires every patient and their parent/guardian to wear a face mask while inside any of our Children’s Physicians’ offices. Families are welcome to bring their own cloth masks or non-health care grade masks from home. Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to follow recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Visitor Policy As of September 22, 2020
- 2 adult caregivers over the age of 18 may accompany the patient. (Patient parents age 18 or under allowed.)
- Although two adult visitors are allowed, we encourage you to limit the number of caregivers with the patient.
- No siblings or other visitors allowed.
- Adults showing symptoms should not come to Children’s Physicians.
- Exceptions may be made if patient and family are receiving flu shots.
Monday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Use Children’s Connect portal to schedule an appointment.
- After-hour nursing line is available for patient questions.
Scheduled Flu Clinic
In-Office Flu Clinics
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday Evenings
5 to 7 p.m. through Thursday, Oct. 28
Drive-Thru Flu Clinic
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We offer the convenience of tele-lactation, allowing you to access our lactation consultants from the comfort of your own home. Our lactation consultants are available to help moms feel more confident and relaxed with the breast-feeding process and can offer assistance with issues like:
- Finding the right breast-feeding position
- Latching on
- Sore nipples
Each of our lactation consultants is a registered nurse certified by the International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants, the highest certification available for lactation consultants.
The clinic is located on the first floor in the Durham Outpatient Center on the Nebraska Medicine Campus. Once on the first floor, look for the sign that says Pediatrics Clinic.