Now you can check on the location of Children’s shuttles, and time your exit accordingly. Visit Live View GPS, select Web Login or Mobile Login, and enter the following credentials:
Bus Service Changes Announced
Children’s bus service has been running for over a year, and during that time, ride patterns have been studied and evaluated. As a result, the following changes will be implemented on Tuesday, Jan. 2.
Crossroads to Hospital Route
- Bus service from Crossroads to the hospital will operate from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The buses serving this route will arrive at both locations approximately every eight minutes.
- They will load and unload at the atrium’s southwest entrance and will not stay parked at the hospital to avoid congestion in the circle drive.
- Employees may call Security at ext. 5300 for a ride to or from Crossroads before 6 a.m. and after 8 p.m. or in emergency situations.
- Employees now parking at Crossroads who must be at the hospital prior to 6 a.m. will be reassigned to park in the Methodist garage. Employees to be reassigned will be identified in the quarterly parking review and will be notified by email. Managers of employees who are asked to cover another employee’s early morning shift may ask Security for a temporary Methodist parking pass for that employee.
Crossroads to Cass Route
- A bus based at Cass Street will run from Cass to Crossroads from 6 to 9 a.m. and from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- The round trip, including loading and unloading, will take approximately 12 minutes.
- Between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., the Cass bus will serve riders between Cass and the hospital, as well as those who need to return to Crossroads. If the Cass bus is in transit, riders may call Security, who will notify a hospital route bus to make a stop at Cass.
- When arriving at the hospital, the Cass bus will load and unload at the atrium’s southwest entrance. The bus will return immediately to Cass, where it will load and unload between the two Cass Street buildings.
- Employees who wish to travel from the hospital to Cass may contact Security, who will radio the bus when it is parked at Cass.
- Employees who need to return to Crossroads from Cass after 5:30 p.m. may contact Security, who will notify a bus returning to the hospital from Crossroads to make a stop at Cass.
For questions, email ParkingQuestions@ChildrensOmaha.org.
Additional Information on Bus Service Changes
Changes to Children’s employee bus service outlined in the Dec. 19 edition of The Hero will take effect on Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018. The changes, which include using fewer buses, reflect Children’s operational excellence efforts and the organization’s commitment to safety.
Why use fewer buses to transport employees?
- Safety – Camera footage of the hospital’s front entrance-already congested due to construction closures-revealed a number of near-miss situations involving buses and other vehicles that might have resulted in injuries. Fewer buses-that make only brief stops in the circle drive-lower the likelihood of accidents.
- Cost & Efficiency – An extensive review of bus rider patterns clearly shows that peak hours for bus use are from 6:30 to 8 a.m.; 2:30 to 5:30 p.m.; and 7 to 7:30 p.m. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and from 6 to 8:30 p.m., rider numbers decline significantly. Using six buses for 16 hours per day is not only inefficient for people and the environment, but an unnecessary expense.
Were employees involved in these changes?
Multiple employees who ride the bus were asked for input, and members of Children’s Parking Committee reviewed all data and proposed changes.
To preview changes to the bus service before its January implementation, a trial will be conducted on Thursday, Dec. 21. The bus service will continue to undergo regular evaluation.