AB Plastic Surgery
Residency: Loma Linda University Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency Program 2006-2012
Medical School: University of Chicago
Oluwaseun (“Seun”) A. Adetayo, MD, FAAP, FACS, is a board-certified plastic surgeon who manages the full spectrum of pediatric and adult plastic surgery, with additional expertise in pediatric plastic and craniofacial surgery. Dr. Adetayo is the Chief of Pediatric Plastic Surgery at Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Dr. Adetayo was born in Nigeria, West Africa. She came to the United States as a teenager to pursue her dream of medicine. Minority women currently account for less than 3% of surgeons in the competitive field of academic plastic and reconstructive surgery, and Dr. Adetayo overcame many obstacles to earn her position as one of few black women among them. Dr. Adetayo is also the first black, immigrant woman to have built a cleft and craniofacial program in the United States from the ground up.
Her journey has been dedicated to caring for patients and their families; surgical reconstruction and innovation, mentoring students, residents, and faculty; advocating for legislation at the local and national level; research and education; and community engagement and leadership. She shares her strategies for success on many panels.
- Comprehensive Cleft Care
- Richard E. Kirschner, MD, Oluwaseun A. Adetayo, MD, Joseph E. Losee, MD. “Cleft Lip Adhesion.” Comprehensive Cleft Care, Eds. Losee, Kirschner, McGraw-Hill, second edition. Published November 13, 2015. ISBN-13: 978-1626236639.
- Family Companion to Comprehensive Cleft Care
- Oluwaseun A. Adetayo, MD, Richard E. Kirschner, MD, Joseph E. Losee, MD. “Family Companion to Comprehensive Cleft Care.” Edited by Joseph E. Losee, MD, Richard E. Kirschner, MD, Amy Straub and Christin Lawrence. Publisher: CRC Press. ISBN-13: 978-1626236684.
- Family Edition: Comprehensive Cleft Care
- Oluwaseun A. Adetayo, MD, Richard E. Kirschner, MD, Joseph E. Losee, MD. “Cleft Lip and Nose Adhesion.” Family Edition: Comprehensive Cleft Care, Eds. Losee, Kirschner, Smith, Thieme. Published April 21, 2015. ISBN-13: 978-1626236684.
- Operative Techniques in Craniofacial Surgery
- Oluwaseun A. Adetayo, MD. “Closed Reduction of Zygomatic Arch Fractures.” Operative Techniques in Craniofacial Surgery. Eds. Van Aalst, J., Chung, K.C., Wolters Kluwer Health, first edition. Published May 1, 2019. ISBN-13: 978-1496348265.
This Provider Practices at:
Children's Hospital & Medical Center
8200 Dodge St.
Omaha, NE 68114