Children’s COVID-19 Help Line
Your child might not have COVID-19 — but they could still get the flu or break a bone. Treatments for chronic or severe conditions, such as chemotherapy or heart transplants, can’t wait until the pandemic is over.
Children’s is continuing to provide routine, urgent, and emergency care. However, we have made certain updates, and are taking extra precautions, to keep everyone safe during this time.
Safety is Our #1 Priority
We understand that you may be concerned about the spread of COVID-19 in the healthcare setting, but please rest assured that Children’s continues to adhere to strict quality, safety and infection prevention protocols to ensure your and your child’s safety.
- Having staff self-monitor every day before coming to work
- Pre-screening all patients and families before arrival at the clinic
- Social distancing patients and families as they arrive at the clinic
Children’s Physicians Has Temporarily Restructured Office Visits
As we monitor the post-COVID-19 peak environment, we continue to strive to keep patient families safe by designating our office hours for well-check and sick-visit appointments by location.
Well-Check Appointment LocationsWell-check appointments – both urgent and routine – are available at the following locations:
- Bellevue – 4802 Shannon Drive, Bellevue, NE
- Dundee – 4825 Dodge St.
- Eagle Run – 13808 West Maple Road
- Spring Valley – 4104 S. 50th St.
- Val Verde – 9801 Giles Road, Suite 1
Please note, the capability to schedule well-check appointments for your child through Children’s Connect has been reactivated.
Well-checks and Sick-visits LocationsThe Children’s Physicians offices listed below are designated for well-checks and sick-visits:
Well-checks, Sick-visits & Walk-ins Locations
Outpatient Specialty Clinic Visits
Children’s will be modifying visit schedules with our pediatric specialists through July 1, 2020. Our specialists will see urgent visits (those needed in the next 7 days) as scheduled, but will also consider making the following modifications:
- Virtual visits, wherever appropriate
- Rescheduling non-urgent visits to the summer months
Each specialty has a specific plan based upon the patient needs and staff support required, and will work to modify the schedule two weeks at a time. Staff will contact you directly as needed to communicate and coordinate care.
- Children’s Infusion Center and Dialysis Clinic will continue regular operations.
- Sleep Lab and Neurodiagnostics is open and will continue regular operations.
- Spring Ridge Outpatient Specialty Clinic will be opening for certain departments in July and then returning to regular operations in August.
- Sioux City Outpatient Services will be opening for certain departments in July and then returning to regular operations in August.
- Specialty Pediatric Clinic in Lincoln is open and will continue regular operations.
Urgent and Emergency Care
We will be temporarily consolidating our Urgent Care services to one location.
Starting Saturday, March 21, Children’s Urgent Care at Dundee and Val Verde will be closed. Urgent Care at West Village Pointe will be open. This is a temporary change due to the current health care climate, and we will keep you posted when we return to normal Urgent Care operations.
Our Emergency Department remains open. If your child is having a respiratory- or COVID-19-related emergency on a night or weekend, please bring them to our Respiratory Assessment Center (located on Children’s main campus at 84th & Dodge Streets).
Masks Required At All Children’s Locations
As we strive to keep all patients, families and health care workers safe, Children’s now requires every patient and their parent/guardian to wear a face mask while inside any of our buildings, including Children’s Physicians offices and specialty clinics. Families are welcome to bring their own cloth masks or non-health care grade masks from home to help Children’s conserve its supply of ear loop masks. This action follows recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).