Children’s has partnered with academic institutions in the Omaha area to provide graduate medical education for resident physicians who need to complete postgraduate specialty training in hospital and ambulatory settings.
FellowshipsChildren’s offers fellowship opportunities for physicians pursuing advanced training in subspecialties.
Our staff looks forward to passing on their knowledge of pediatric medicine, inter-professional practice, and family-centered care.
Fellowships we offer include:
- Pediatric Anesthesia
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Pediatric GI
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Pulmonary
- Pediatric Radiology
- Pediatric Surgery
- Pediatric Transplant Hepatology
Also, learn more about the various pediatric fellowships offered at Children’s and University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Because our residents and fellows come from several different institutions, there isn’t one specific set of expectations for our programs. Each university chooses faculty and content, such as the number of weeks in each rotation.
Joint Residency ProgramOur Joint Residency Program is a partnership between three esteemed institutions:
- Children’s: Residents will work in our freestanding hospital, and learn about what it means to get to know, and communicate with, young patients and their families. They will be able to work on many types of pediatric cases, from assisting with care of a recent open heart surgery patient, to caring for children on inpatient medical floors.
- University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC): UNMC is a nationally renowned transplant center. Residents work alongside a wide range of pediatric specialists in the classic university setting — an essential part of any pediatric residency program.
- Creighton University Medical Center (CUMC): CUMC is affiliated with Creighton University School of Medicine. At this busy inner-city medical center, residents will receive much of their ambulatory clinic training.
Together, our three high-tech institutions serve an ethnically and economically diverse patient population.
For more information about our exciting pediatric residency program, please contact Cindy Colpitts, Joint Pediatric Residency Program Coordinator at 402-559-5380 or email@example.com.
Fellows & Residents MaterialsPlease review, sign, and send the following forms to GME@childrensomaha.org:
- Annual Mandatory Review
- Confidentiality & Login ID Use Agreement
- Corporate Compliance Plan Acknowledgement Form
- Demographic Form
- Patient Safety Orientation
- Patient Safety Orientation: Post Test
- Restraint Overview & Post Test
- Children’s Parking Information
- Parking Form
Please review these documents before beginning your residency.