RECENT NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19
Gift Shop and Volunteer Update
For the health of our patients, families, volunteers, staff and the community, Children’s Gift Shop will be closed until further notice.
Patient families may still place orders by phone, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., by calling 402-955-4150 and paying by credit card or visit our online gift shop:
Also, volunteers will no longer be actively volunteering at the hospital effective March 18. Watch for more information regarding alternative options for making gift shop purchases.
Children’s Food Service team is making adjustments to normal operating procedures to ensure the safety of our families and employees. We have implemented the following changes in the cafeteria:
- All food will now be served by Food Service staff from behind the counter. There will be no self-serve options.
- To facilitate this change, we will be adjusting the menu to include what we can fit behind the counter. Many items, including pizza and soft-serve ice cream, will be temporarily unavailable.
- The menu will be determined on a daily basis. Weekly online menus will not be available during this time.
- Seating in the cafeteria will be limited. If you choose to eat in the cafeteria, please be advised that we are limiting the number of people who may be seated in an area at a given time. We want to keep two people per table as much as possible.
We expect to make further changes in the cafeteria in response to this rapidly evolving situation. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.
We want your hospital visit to be comfortable and convenient. That’s why Children’s Hospital & Medical Center offers a variety of amenities and services to patients and families.
WiFi is available throughout Children’s. Look for the “guest” network and any prompts to connect that appear on your device. No login or password is needed to connect to the guest WiFi network.
Cafeteria & Coffee Bar
Lower level 3 (L3) of the hospital
Across the street from the main hospital
Open daily, 6:30 a.m. to midnight
Breakfast: 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Lunch: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday.
Closed on holidays and weekends
Inpatient meal menus are available daily and should be filled out in the morning. If your child has not received a menu, please let the nurse know. Patient meals delivery times are:
- Breakfast: 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:45 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Crane Coffee Location And Hours
Second floor of the hospital lobby, overlooking the lobby
Open Monday through Friday (except holidays), from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Patient Greeting Cards
Sending an e-card greeting will let your loved ones know you are thinking about them during their hospital stay. This FREE service is available for any patient currently at Children’s.
Order A Gift By Phone
To place an order by phone, call 402-955-4150. Payments for phone orders can be made using a MasterCard or Visa credit card.
You may choose to purchase a gift card to be used in the cafeteria or in the gift shop.
Vending Machines And ATMs
Vending Machine Locations (Available 24/7)
- Lower Level 3 (L3), next to the cafeteria
- Near the Emergency Department
- Specialty Pediatric Center first floor (near entrance)
On the same level as the hospital lobby, across from the chapel
Located on the hospital’s lobby level across from the Gift Shop, the chapel is always open for anyone in need of a quiet and sacred place for prayer or reflection. Services are also offered regularly and can be viewed on the hospital TV (channel 40) if attending in-person is not an option.