Kids Camp is a supervised play area for siblings of patients visiting Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Children’s Specialty Pediatric Clinics. Patients are welcome to utilize this play area as well.
To ensure the safety of the children visiting Kids Camp, please check in with the staff member at the desk. Each child will receive a numbered colored bracelet on their wrist and the caregiver checking in with the child(ren) will receive a matching bracelet. When picking up the child(ren), the caregiver will need to bring their matching bracelet in order to pick them up.
Kids Camp Entry Requirements
In order to visit Kids Camp, children must:
- Be healthy (no cough, runny nose, or flu/cold symptoms)
- Have not been exposed to MRSA, chickenpox, measles, mumps, or rubella in the last 30 days — or bed bugs/head lice in the last 14 days
- Be potty trained in order to stay without a caregiver (If a child is not potty trained— in diapers or pull-ups — a caregiver 16 years of age or older must remain with the child at all times)
- Be fully clothed, including shoes
In addition to meeting these requirements, please keep in mind that:
- No food or drink is allowed in the Kids Camp area.
- Visitors from inpatient units will have a 2-hour time limit. Visitors cannot attend if the patient is in isolation.
- If a child is showing signs of any illness listed above, has a bathroom accident, or is having behavioral issues (hitting, biting, not sharing, etc.) caregivers will be paged to return to Kids Camp to pick up their child.
- If you or another caregiver are paged by Kids Camp staff you must respond. If you or the caregiver are unable to leave the appointment, please call 402-955-6440 (or 6440 from a hospital phone) to speak with Kids Camp staff.
Kids Camp Location, Hours, and Contact Information
Kids Camp is located on the first floor of the Specialty Pediatric Center, between the Outpatient Laboratory and Rehab Services, near the elevators.
Specialty Pediatric Center
111 N 84th St.
Omaha, NE 68114
- Monday to Thursday: 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Kids Camp is closed over the noon hour for cleaning and staff breaks.
For more information, call 402-955-6440.