As a pediatric intensivist, I take great pride in caring for critically ill children. Particularly, I thrive on the interplay of the different organ systems and their physiology. My specific clinical and research focus are on those children who suffer from neurologic disorders within critical care.
- Neuromonitoring techniques in neurocritical care
- Clinical pathway development centered around neurocritical care diagnosis
- Baker AK, Beardsley AL, Leland BD, Moser EA, Lutfi R, Cristea AI, Rowan CM. Predictors of Failure of Non-Invasive Ventilation in Critically Ill Children. (accepted for publication in Journal of Pediatric Intensive Care)
- Baker AK, Carroll CL, Grindle CR, Sala KA, Cowl AS. Assessing Frequency of Respiratory Complications in Children Undergoing Adenotonsillectomy. Pediatr Critical Care Medicine 2020; 21 (7): e426-e430. PMID: 32195901
- Baker AK, Carroll CL. High Dose Magnesium Infusions for Acute Asthma in Children: If A Little Is Good, Is A Lot Even Better? Pediatr Crit Care 2016; 17(2): 177-178. PMID: 26841033.
- Sullivan BP, Kassel KM, Manley S, Baker AK, Luyendyk JP. Regulation of transforming growth factor-β1-dependent integrin β6 expression by p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in bile duct epithelial cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2011 May;337(2):471-8. PMID: 21303922
- Baker AK, Wang R, Mackman N, Luyendyk JP. Rapamycin enhances LPS induction of tissue factor and tumor necrosis factor-alpha expression in macrophages by reducing IL-10 expression. Mol Immunol. 2009 Jul;46 (11-12):2249-55. PMID: 19447494
AB Pediatrics - Pediatrics
AB Pediatrics (Pediatric Critical Care Medicine)
2013 | M.D., Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO 2016 Residency in Pediatrics, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, Hartford, CT
2019 | Fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana | University, Indianapolis, IN
2019 | Fellowship in Pediatric Clinical Pharmacology, Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana | University, Indianapolis, IN
2020 | Masters of Science in Clinical Research, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN
2021 | Fellowship in Pediatric Neurocritical Care, St. Louis Children’s Hospital at Washington University, Saint Louis, MO
This Provider Practices at:
Children’s Hospital & Medical Center
8200 Dodge St.
Omaha, NE 68114