Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and its Affiliates
Copyright 2010 by Children’s Hospital & Medical Center. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. U.S. and international copyright laws protect text, graphics and code of the Children’s web site. The marks Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and its affiliates and the Children’s Hospital & Medical Center logo are marks of Children’s Hospital & Medical Center.
The materials on the Site are copyrighted by Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and/or by other applicable rights holders. You may download and reprint a single copy of the materials from the Service for your own personal, noncommercial use only, provided you include all applicable notices and disclaimers. Any other use of the materials is strictly prohibited without prior written permission and the permission of the applicable rights holder(s).
Terms and Conditions of Use Policy
The site is an online and communications service and is not a substitute for medical treatment. If you have questions about a child’s disease, condition or general health, please contact a pediatrician. If your child is ill or injured, please contact your pediatrician or go to the nearest emergency department.
While Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and its affiliates have endeavored to make sure the information contained in this site is accurate, Children’s Hospital & Medical Center cannot guarantee the accuracy of such information, and it is provided without warranty or guarantee of any kind. Material is from medical and clinical research available to the public. Use of this information is governed by the terms and conditions of this agreement.
Throughout this statement, Children’s Hospital & Medical Center is referred to as Children’s, “we” or “us.”
General Terms and Conditions
We may modify this agreement at any time. Any modifications made to this agreement will be effective immediately upon posting on the site. By accessing or using the site at www.ChildrensOmaha.org you agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of the agreement as posted on the Site at the time of your access or use. You agree to review the agreement posted on the Site each time you use the Site, so that you are aware of any modifications made to this agreement.
THE SITE AND ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE ARE NOT INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE THE PRACTICE OF OR FURNISHING OF MEDICAL, NURSING, OR PROFESSIONAL HEALTH CARE ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, CONSULTATION OR TREATMENT OR SERVICES IN ANY JURISDICTION. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL CHILDREN’S BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER USER OF THE SITE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR ANY OTHER MONETARY OR OTHER DAMAGES, FEES, FINES, PENALTIES, LOSS OF REVENUE OR BUSINESS OR LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS SITE, OR OTHER SITES ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE, AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE. WHILE CHILDREN’S HAS ENDEAVORED TO MAKE SURE THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF SUCH INFORMATION, AND IT IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY CHILDREN’S AND ANY OF OUR AFFILIATE COMPANIES OR ORGANIZATIONS, AND ANY OF OUR SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS OR LICENSEES, TOGETHER WITH ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES, AGAINST ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, JUDGMENTS, COSTS OR EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COSTS) ARISING OUT OF A CLAIM BY A THIRD PARTY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE, OR ANY BREACH OR VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY OTHER TERM OR CONDITION CONTAINED ON THE SITE.
You can visit the Site without submitting any information about yourself. If you send e-mail, respond to a survey or otherwise correspond with the Site, then naturally Children’s will have some of your information such as YOUR e-mail address or name. Children’s will use this information only for replying to your message or forwarding the requested material. Children’s does not share this information with any outside organization.
Information We Collect
Personal information is information that can be used to identify or contact you. Children’s collects through the site only the personal information you provide in the following ways:
When you choose to submit 1) an online donation to the Foundation 2) When you send us feedback related to the Site or request information about Children’s services or 3) When you access Children’s or one of its affiliate Sites and complete mail-to links or forms that are used to contact Children’s or one of its affiliates. These mail-to links and forms collect information you provide in order for Children’s to deliver requested materials, respond to your questions, or provide related information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. Please note that your e-mail, like most non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge or permission, while in transit.
Children’s and its affiliates employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, in keeping with industry standards and best practices, to protect your privacy and personal information. When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information such as financial or health information, Children’s redirects visitors to a secure server and will notify visitors through a message screen on the site. However, e-mail correspondence is not secured.
Except where specifically requested, Children’s does not wish to receive personal or other confidential information from you via the Internet.
DO NOT TO PROVIDE ANY CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU OR YOUR HEALTH TO CHILDREN’S or its AFFILIATES VIA the Site.
Children’s is committed to protecting the privacy of its patients. Children’s supports the Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). For that reason, there is no collection or maintenance of information on the Site from those who have identified themselves as under 13 years of age.
Third Party Health Applications
Children’s Connect may offer location-based check-in for in-person appointments or allow you to find healthcare providers near you. The first time you try to use any features that use your location, we will ask for your consent within the app and will only access your location if you give consent. You do not have to provide consent if you do not want to allow Children’s Connect to use your location. We do not store your location data.
HealthKit and Google Fit
With your permission, certain versions of our Applications, such as our Children’s Connect app, can connect to Apple HealthKit or GoogleFit to receive health information and to share that information with your healthcare providers.
Our Applications do not share your health information with HealthKid, GoogleFit, or other software enabled with HealthKit or GoogleFit.
What is the main purpose of the app: This app lets patients access the information stored in their electronic health record (EHR) managed by Epic’s software, including medications, test results, and visit summaries. This app also lets patients send messages, schedule appointments, and check-in online.
Why does your app need access to location in the background: One feature from our Children’s Connect app allows patients to indicate that they’ve arrived for a scheduled appointment, which may let them skip the front desk and minimize contact. We can prompt patients to log in and arrive for their appoint based on their current location and where we expect their appointment to take place. This location-based arrival prompt requires access to the location in the background so we can provide this prompt even if the patient doesn’t currently have the app open and in the foreground.
If you access or use any third party sites linked to this site, you do so at your own risk. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that other sites are free of viruses, worms or other software of a destructive nature. Children’s reserves the right to terminate any third-party link at any time.
If a third party links to a Children’s or its affiliates site, it does not indicate an endorsement, adoption, authorization, sponsorship, affiliation, joint venture or partnership between Children’s and that third party.
The Limited Ways We Use Your Information: We do not sell or license your information. These are the limited ways we interact with your information in connection with our mobile apps:
- When you choose to add a profile photo to our mobile apps, you may select an existing photo on your device or take a new photo using the camera app on your device. If you select an existing photo on your device, we store a copy of your chosen photo in app-private storage on your device. If you use the camera app on your device to take a new photo, the photo you take is first saved to your camera app and then also saved to app-private storage on your device. If you remove the photo from your profile or delete our mobile apps, the copy of the photo is deleted from the app-private storage, but the photo saved to your camera app remains available in your camera app until you choose to delete it. If you already have a photo stored in your profile through your healthcare organization – we do not interact with that photo in any way.
- When you choose to use Apple’s HealthKit or Google Fit, we create encrypted identifiers to identify recipients of your Apple’s HealthKit or Google Fit data and store them on your device in app-private storage. If you choose to stop using Apple HealthKit or Google Fit or delete our mobile apps, the identifiers are deleted.
- When you choose to view documents from your healthcare organization (such as letters or images) using our mobile apps, to make the files viewable for you we temporarily store copies on your device in app-private storage. The temporary copies are deleted when you close your session on our mobile apps.
- When you choose to include a photo or video in a message you send to your healthcare organization using our mobile apps, you may select an existing photo or video from your device or take a new photo or video using the camera app on your device. If you use the camera app on your device to take a new photo or video, it will be saved to your camera app. Any photo or video saved to your camera app remains available in your camera app until you choose to delete it.
- If your healthcare organization offers telehealth visits using our mobile apps, when you join a visit with your provider, we will ask for permission to access your device’s video and audio functionality to make the telehealth visit possible. We do not record or store video of audio data from these visits.
- If your healthcare organization offers automatic appointment arrival and you choose to enable it, we temporarily store identifiers and times for your upcoming appointments in app-private storage to detect when you arrive for an upcoming appointment. If you choose to stop using our mobile apps or you disable automatic appointment arrival, the identifiers are deleted.
- If your healthcare organization offers location-based check in for in-person appointments, or allows you to find healthcare providers near you, you may choose to allow our mobile apps to interact with your location data for those purposes. We do not store your location data.
- If your healthcare organization allows you to notify front desk staff electronically when you arrive for an appointment, you may choose to allow our mobile apps to interact with your Bluetooth data for this purpose. We do not store your Bluetooth data.
- While you use our apps, we collect non-identifying information so we can provide customer service to you or your healthcare organization and understand how people use our mobile apps so we can improve our products. This information includes the time you began using the app, the healthcare organization you interacted with, any error messages or codes, the model of device used and its operating system, and the version of our mobile app used. If you use Android devices, we also collect your connection type (cellular or WiFi) during an error.
- You may contact us through the methods listed on Our Website. If you contact us, we may keep a record of the communication. You can decide how much information you want to share with us in those cases.
For Android Users – Required Google Play Disclosures for Certain Health Apps: Google has determined our mobile apps are subject to their COVID-19 apps requirements. As a result, we are required to provide the following information so we can make our mobile apps available to you in the Play store.
- Our mobile apps interact with your microphone only if you choose to use your microphone to navigate our mobile apps. Our mobile apps interact with your camera roll only if you choose to add a profile image to a profile in our mobile apps. This information is not used in connection with COVID-19.
- Our mobile apps access, collect, use, and share your information (including video, audio, images, files) as stated above in the section titled, “The Limited Ways We Use Your Information.” We also prominently highlight these uses, describe the type of data being accessed, and obtain your consent for these purposes as you use our mobile apps.
- Our mobile apps were not created specifically for the COVID-19 pandemic. They existed before the COVID-19 pandemic to allow you to access your health information on file with your healthcare organization. Your healthcare organization may allow you to access COVID-19-related vaccination information, laboratory test results, and documents with illness-related information using our mobile apps. You may choose if or how you want to access, display, or use the information – just like you can make those decisions about health information relating to other conditions, services, tests, or vaccinations.
- Your healthcare organization may allow you to use our mobile apps to conduct telehealth appointments with your healthcare providers. Our mobile apps only provide the technical support for those appointments to happen. We do not interact with any health information about you exchanged during any telehealth appointments.
Cookies and Internet Log Files
A cookie is a small text file stored on your hard disk by a web site you have visited. Cookies contain information to remind the web site about you the next time you visit.
The Site does not make use of the information contained in any “cookies,” but does log the IP addresses of visitors to administer the Site and to diagnose problems. IP addresses are not used to identify individuals. Please note that Children’s or its affiliates will not intentionally share the contents of any e-mail feedback or comment form with any third party. However, due to the nature of electronic communications, Children’s cannot and does not provide any assurances that the contents of your e-mail will not become known or accessible to third parties.
Changes to Our Privacy and Security Policies
Children’s provides you with the opportunity to receive communications from the site. Once you have decided to receive such communications, you may later decide to stop receiving them. To stop receiving such information, send an email to [email protected]